Pages

Monday 15 June 2020

Birthday Bucket List!

Hey friends!

As I mentioned in my previous post, Mr Crafty Cow had a birthday this past weekend and so obviously that meant more guy card inspiration!  This one, I made for The Teen to give his Dad after being inspired by something similar I saw in a card shop a while ago.



I created the top layer in Cricut Design Space by creating a text box for the ‘Birthday Bucket List’ using the Boys will be Boys font and then another text box this time using American Typewriter font for the list.  Once I had them positioned where I wanted them I attached them both to a white layer 4.5” x 6.5” and then flattened to turn it into a Print then Cut layer and cut it out on my Cricut Maker.  I cut the bucket using another Design Space Image in black and silver and dry embossed the top layer to add some texture.  I also found the beer bottles on DS and cut 5 of those, again using the Print & Cut feature.  I added some orange card from my scrap box and mounted the bucket on 3D foam tape, tucking the bottles into the top before adding a few sprinkles of clear seed beads to look like ice around the base.   The Dad sentiment is an Anna Griffin die which I cut separately on my Gemini and added to the front of the bucket.  I matted the finished front panel onto some green card stock 1/4” larger all around and then added it to a white 5” x 7”card base.  

Loved how it came out and will definitely be recreating this one again in the future!

Thanks for stopping by and hope to see you again next time!

Bev x


2 comments:

  1. Great card!! Which embossing folders did you use for the bucket?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sherri, it was a long slim embossing folder from Crafter’s Comoanion that I believe came with my Gemini machine bundle several years ago.

      Delete