Pages

Tuesday 23 June 2020

Wonderful Watercolor Wings!

Hi friends!

This week I have been continuing my mission to ferret out things hidden deep within the Crafty Cowshed that I had forgotten I had or that I have seldom (or ever!) used.  

This time it was the turn of the Spectrum Noir Aqua markers.  I love the final result that these give when blended out with water but have always found coloring in detailed elements a challenge as I don't seem to have the same control with a paintbrush as I do with an actual pen (and even then it can be questionable at times!)

After watching a few online tutorials though I decided to give them another go, this time trying out a stamping technique using the markers instead of ink pads.  I was really surprised by how much I LOVED the results so thought I would share these with you today in case it inspires someone else to have a go at this easy but effective technique. 

I dug out a couple of butterfly stamps that have been in my stash for ever.  These are large foam stamps that I found tricky to get a consistent impression with when using in the traditional way, but they worked great for this method.  I simply grabbed a few co-ordinating color markers and scribbled the ink directly onto the back of the stamp and then stamped onto a piece of watercolor card.  Then using a damp (not wet) paintbrush, lightly moved the color around on the image until it was all 'colored in'.   Then when completely dry I trimmed the image down, matted onto some gold glitter card and mounted onto a plain white A2 card base using 3D foam tape and then added a sentiment (this one was stamped in Versamark ink and heat embossed with gold glitter embossing powder).  Ta da!  I think its one of my favorite cards ever!



This next example was made in the same way, this time using aqua and purple markers.  I used some purple & blue foil card for the mats, embossing the purple mat with an Anna Griffin floral embossing folder and then added a sentiment popped up on foam tape and a few co-ordinating sequins to finish it off.


I had quite a bit of ink left on my stamp which it seemed a pity to waste so I spritzed it with water and then stamped again on another piece of watercolor card.  A totally different look but equally pretty I think.


Finally, I made one final card using both methods on the same piece of card.  For the sentiment I used a Anna Griffin die cut 3 times in white card stock and then once in fuchsia mirror card and glued them all together to give a raised effect but without having to fiddle with lots of tiny bits of foam tape.


I will definitely be giving this technique a try with other stamps in my collection - I love it!

Thanks for stopping by and hope to see you next time.

Bev x

2 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS WORK! HAD TO come over from SCS to see what you've done!!! JUST GORGEOUS!!! ;)<3

    ReplyDelete