Pages

Sunday 31 May 2020

Under the Sea!

Hey Friends!

Bringing you another card today with a painted background, this time using Spectrum Noir Sparkle Glitter inks.   The sparkle doesn't really come across very well (if at all) on a photograph but trust me, it's there and in real life gives a the most beautiful sparkle and shine!



I blended a combination of Icy Blue, Frosted Rose & Winter Plum inks with a wet paintbrush onto smooth white card to create this background, dabbing off on a paper towel as I went to catch any pools of color that I didn't want.  Once it was dry I spritzed it with water to create the 'bleached' effect in places.  The sparkle of these inks really intensifies as it dries - so pretty - and it immediately made me think of an under the sea theme, but instead of maybe the obvious mermaid, I decided I wanted to use a cute octopus (don't ask me why! 😂)

I found this one on Cricut Design Space (free if you have a Cricut Access subscription) and resized to create one large and two small and mounted them on some foam tape.  I trimmed the background panel down to 3 3/4" x 5" and matted it on some foam tape and then on a piece of hot pink card cut 1/8" larger on both sides.  Then, I mounted both onto a light blue A2 card base.   The sentiment is from an SVG file from Kadoodlebug Designs called 'You're my Squishy' which also comes with several cute sea creatures but on this occasion I decided to go with the Cricut image.  

To finish off my card, I added a few hot pink spots to the octopi with a Fuchsia Promarker pen and topped with some Nuvo glitter drops and added a pair of googly eyes on the larger one.  Finally I added some sparkly shell stickers that I have had in my stash for ever and a day (thinking they are now a bit much but can't remove them as they are stuck on firmly!) and a few flat pearls.

I entered this card into two challenges this week over at Splitcoaststampers.com -  Color Challenge and Free for All challenges.

Thank you for you looking!

See you soon
Bev x

No comments:

Post a Comment