Pages

Saturday 30 May 2020

Wish you were here ...

Hi

How many times in the past have I wished I had more time to craft?!  You would think that currently, when we are spending more time at home than ever,  my craft room would be bursting at the seams with finished projects wouldn't you?  Well, let me tell you, you would be wrong 😐  Aside from the fact that Mr Crafty Cow is currently working from home full time and has commandeered my craft room (which he thinks is his office - clearly deluded), when I do manage to get in there with a whole chunk of time to myself, I just can't seem to get inspired to start anything!    That is until a couple of weeks ago when I discovered the Challenges section on the Splitcoaststampers site 😃.  Just the kick up the backside I needed to get those creative juices flowing again ...!

A couple of weeks ago when I felt the old 'crafters block' creeping in again, I sat with some distress inks, a water brush and some paper and played around with different colors and techniques to create some backgrounds to use on future cards.  When I saw this week's Clean and Simple Challenge  on SCS to use paint on a card, at first I thought I would have to sit this one out as I don't have any 'paints' but then remembered I could totally use the backgrounds I had painted with inks last week.  My eye was immediately drawn to one I had created with stripes of blues and green and although I loved the colors together, I couldn't see what I was ever going to use it for as felt the stripes were too big and bold.  Suddenly though, I knew exactly what this one was to become! 



I created the scene using stamps from SU Sheltering Tree stamped in Versafine Black ink and then added a sentiment from Taylored Expressions stamped with Versamark Ink and embossed in black. 

Sadly as time passes, I find I am needing more and more sympathy cards and after I had created this it seemed a perfect choice for this sentiment.

Thanks for stopping by ... take care of each other and hope to see you again. 

Bev xx

No comments:

Post a Comment