Pages

Sunday 10 February 2019

Yoda Best!

As Valentine's Day is fast approaching, I though I would share a quick tutorial on how I turned one of the cute images from the Star Wars - Size Matters Not digital cartridge in Cricut Design Space to a Print then Cut file that I could color in to make this fun card.  Of course, this card doesn't have to be for Valentine's Day, this would work at any time of year.  In fact, I am planning to make 14 of these for Mr B's team incentive card for March 😊



There are so many cute images on this cartridge, and if you or any of your family & friends are Star Wars fans then it is a must!  It is not included in Cricut Access though so you do have to purchase it, but I think I will get a lot of use out of it so it was definitely a must for me!


These images are essentially designed for vinyl and therefore they are just a line image and have no background, so in order to turn them into a Print then Cut image that you can color, you need to create one.  This is really easy to do.  I have detailed the steps below:

1. Select Yoda - or any other image that you would like to turn into a Print then Cut, the process will be the same.


2. We need to make the second image just an outline image and remove all the cut lines except the outline, so Click Contour and then Hide All Contours.


3. Click back anywhere on the canvas.  Now we have a background shape to attach the line image to.


4. Next we need to change the color of the background image to white so that we can can make it into a print then cut file (otherwise it will just print as a solid black shape).


5. Move the line image over the top (you may need to bring this image to the front to see it)


6.  Select both shapes by clicking and dragging a box around them and click Flatten. 


7. Ta da!  Now we can have a black & white Print then Cut image and we can proceed as for any other Print then Cut image by clicking Make It on top right hand corner.




I colored mine with my Spectrum Noir alcohol markers but you could use regular colored pencils, watercolors or any other coloring medium that you prefer.


 
Then I created a regular A2 card base in white and added a black mat and another white mat and mounted Yoda on some foam tape for a little dimension before attaching him to the front.  I used the Star Jedi font from Dafont.com to create the sentiment and added a black mat behind before mounting this on foam tape also and adding to the bottom of the card.


Thanks for visiting!

TTFN x

No comments:

Post a Comment