Pages

Saturday 9 February 2019

What a Bobby Dazzler!

Morning!

How is your Saturday going?  I think Saturday mornings have to be my favorite time of the week.  An extra lie-in and indulgent time in bed with a coffee and my iPad catching up my everybody's news whilst The Teen is still dead to the world and Mr B is watching the footie in the other room.  Well, I say 'watching' ... a more accurate description would be pacing up and down the living room whilst periodically shouting "Nooooo!", "THAT WAS A PENALTY!" or screaming coaching advice at the players - does he know they can't hear him?  SEAGULLS!

Anyway, I digress ... whilst finishing up my second cup of coffee I just happened to flick to The Food Network channel (my other favorite Saturday morning activity) and caught Bobby Flay making some heavenly concoction with puff pastry, chocolate hazelnut spread (let's face it, it was Nutella) and chocolate chips.  Whaaaaa?!  Genius!

It just so happened that I had a pack of Puff Pastry in the fridge that needed using up and all the other ingredients in the pantry - love it when that happens! 🙌.  Anyway, it was soooo good guys and so easy to make, I just had to share (well, not the end result - I wasn't sharing that with anybody - just the recipe!)



All you need is the following:

1 x Pack of puff pastry (defrosted if frozen)
1/2 cup chocolate hazelnut spread
1 cup of mini chocolate chips
1 egg + 1 tsp water, beaten

First heat oven to 375℉ (190℃).  Then mix half a cup of chocolate hazelnut spread with a cup of chocolate chips - Bobby recommends mini chocolate chips but I only had regular so I used what I had but I think the mini ones would be better.

Next roll out your pastry (I didn't even have to do this bit as mine was already rolled!) and then using either the tip of a knife or a pizza wheel, cut the pastry into squares.



Then simply dollop heaped spoonfuls of the chocolate mixture into the middle of each piece, brush the edges with the beaten egg, and fold over corner to corner into a triangle shape.


Next take a fork and gently press down on the two open sides of each triangle so that all that delicious chocolatey filling doesn't escape and carefully transfer to a baking sheet lined with baking parchment.

Brush with more egg wash and bake in the oven for approx 15-20 minutes or when pastry is crisp and golden brown.  Transfer to a cooling rack and leave for 10 minutes (this was the hardest bit!  Trust me though, don't skip this bit unless you want to sear all the skin from the roof of your mouth!)



That's it!  How easy was that?!

Here's a short video of Bobby making these if you want to drool some more!  Click here

Give them a try this weekend - if you like chocolate I promise you won't be disappointed!

TTFN x


No comments:

Post a Comment