Friday, 4 September 2015

Happy Haunting .... !



As some of you will no doubt be aware,  I have always loved my Cricut (an electronic die-cutting machine, for those not already familiar), and used it frequently to make cards, titles and embellishments for my scrapbooking, and unusual gift boxes and even 3D decorations!

A year or so ago, Cricut brought out a shiny new version, called the Explore, which I had been coveting from the first time I clapped eyes on it.  It had a lot of new cool features including the ability to finally import SVG files at last, and bluetooth capability along with an iPad app so I could design on the go!  It was on my list for Santa last Christmas, but as our move to Arizona had already been confirmed by then, Mr Crafty Cow quite rightly pointed out that it would be much more sensible to wait until after we had moved and buy the US version.  Sigh ...

Well, I am pleased to say that a couple of weeks ago I finally took delivery of my new Explore and I have to say I love it even more than my old one! ... **squeaks with excitement!!**  As this also very nicely co-incided with Junior CC going back to school (funny that), I have been as happy as a pig in sh .... er ... mud ... locked away in my craft room putting it through it's paces and creating all kinds of projects. Bliss!

As you will probably know, Halloween is a HUGE deal over here and all manner of spooky paraphernalia - decorations, costumes and even complete sets of china! - started appearing in the shops early in August, so I figured that I would start with a few spooky projects of my own.

I saw a really cool hanging decoration on Pinterest from Mandie's Scrappin', which was made from some of those chipboard letters that you can buy at the craft store and then decorated with pretty papers etc., however, as I had my brand new shiny die-cutting machine sitting proudly next to me on the desk, I decided that this would be as good a test as any.

I cut the large letters from one of the free alphabets in the Design Space app in a heavy weight card, then just the same again in some decorative halloween papers which I stuck to the front of the card.  All the decorations were made using the Cricut Happy Hauntings cartridge, stuck to the letters and then the final step was simply to join all the letters together with some ribbon (stuck to the back of the card).  I was surprised at how quickly this came together and how straightforward it actually was!




I am really pleased with how it turned out.  Now all I have to do is wait until Halloween to put it up!

Thanks for stopping by!  See you next time for another spooky project!

TTFN
Bev x


No comments:

Post a Comment