Pages

Sunday 21 December 2014

A Crafty Christmas Candle ...

Just a quick post this week as the Big Day draws ever nearer and there seems to be a million and one things still to be done ... beds to change, last minute gifts to wrap, cake to decorate ... is it time to get those spouts on yet?

We had the first of our family Christmas get togethers yesterday and about 10 minutes before everyone was due to arrive I realised that I hadn't got a table decoration ... damn! Then I remembered something I had seen on the trusty Pinterest site (don't you just LOVE Pinterest?!) and with a few simple supplies, (adapting slightly to fit what I actually had in the house) had a pretty decoration in minutes!



Here's what you need:

  • An old glass jar (everyone who knows me knows I am a Yankee Addict so I had plenty of empty jars stashed in the cupboard waiting for a recycling project!)
  • A few trimmings from the Christmas tree or any other such greenery - I didn't have any trimmings but had some Rosemary in the fridge so just used that
  • Cranberries (or you could use any red berries you might have in the garden)
  • A floating tea light - again, I used Yankee Candle tea lights as I happened to have a few boxes in the cupboard ... ahem ... and as they are in plastic containers they float - bonus!  If you are using normal tea lights, just take them out of the silver container which will help them float.
  • Piece of pretty ribbon


All you do is put your chosen greenery into the jar, top up with water, sprinkle the cranberries on the top, sit the tea light in the middle and tie the ribbon around the neck of the jar.  Ta da!  Simple, effective and made in a few minutes.  I made three to sit down the centre of the table.



I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and wish you and your loved ones a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year.  See you on the other side!

Bev x




No comments:

Post a Comment