Pages

Thursday 24 July 2014

It Looks Like Rain-deer!


Well, what a week it's been. From some of the most spectacular displays of lightening I think I have ever seen last weekend, to a spectacle of quite a different kind in last night's Opening Ceremony for the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow. (I shall refrain from further comment on that topic at the risk of upsetting any Scottish readers, however even Jimmy Cranky would have been an improvement on some of the line up!).   It did however remind me of a classic comedy moment, courtesy of youngest, whilst at the Opening Ceremony of the London Olympics a couple of years earlier.  He was quickly becoming disenchanted with the amount of time it was taking for the athletes from all the competing countries to get into the Stadium (complaining desperately that they were 'just making up countries now!'), so I was trying to jolly him along a bit.  After Monaco had made their entrance I said, "I wonder what comes next?" to which he replied ...  "hopefully death ...." It still makes me chuckle now.

This week, I have been mostly playing with the Create a Critter Cartridge for my Cricut die cutting machine. I had forgotten just how cute some of the images are and I think I will definitely be doing a lot more with this one in the future.   I completely fell in love with this adorable little reindeer character and wanted to use him on a Christmas project.  I am think I will maybe make a Christmas wall hanging with Santa's 8 reindeer & Rudolph pulling the sleigh.  I therefore cut 9 of these at 3.5"  and once assembled cut an extra nose in red for Rudolph and covered it with Glossy Accents to make it nice and shiny. I am really pleased with how they turned out.  Now, I just need to find a suitable sleigh design (not liking any of the ones I have see so far) and then attach them all together with some red ribbon or cord.   I will share another pic in a later post once it is complete.



There is also another deer on the Create a Critter cartridge, which really reminds me Bambi.  I used to  watch the DVD with youngest when he was a toddler.  It was his favourite film and he would ask for it over and over again without getting tired of it.  **I, on the other hand, began to find it extremely irritating after the first dozen times and could have happily strangled the whiney Thumper!**.  I just need to find a project to use these on now ... hmmmm



Finally, as we have a couple of weddings to attend in the coming months, I made a cute card by cutting two of the sweet little birds and birdhouse. I added some faux stitching to the birdhouse and the large heart with a black marker pen and raised the birds up with 3D glue gel to add some dimension.  Finally I finished it off by adding a ribbon bow and a sparkly crystal butterfly.



Thanks for dropping by and hope you all have a good week.

TTFN
Bev x


No comments:

Post a Comment