Pages

Tuesday 6 March 2012

Zelda Fever!

I can't believe that we are into March already and that Spring is finally on it's way, although having said that it seems to have deserted us again for the time being but hopefully only a temporary blip!  Neither can I believe that this week will also see 'Youngest'  turn 10 (or that 'Eldest' will turn 30 in a few months for that matter... eek!)  .... how did that happen?!  Time seems to be flying by so quickly that capturing and preserving all those previous memories is becoming ever more important  ... that reminds me ... must finish that heritage album that I started many moons ago ....!

Anyway, back to Youngest's birthday celebrations ...

As a worshipper of all things Nintendo, he is currently absorbed in the latest Zelda adventure, 'Skyward Sword' and therefore I used this as the theme for his Birthday Card this year.


I managed to find a cool picture of Link by searching for 'Zelda Colouring pages' on the Web.  I have found these to be a great source of images for cards in the past as you can usually find all the latest characters and therefore pretty much guarantee finding something that will fit the bill (last year it was Phineas and Ferb!).  I printed the image of Link onto a piece of white cardstock and coloured in using my Promarkers (don't look too closely at the colouring - not my strong point!).  I then cut it out and mounted on foam pads.  Using cream cardstock for the base card I found a paper from the Once Upon a Time paper stack by DCWV which featured an old stone castle window which was perfect for the look I was trying to achieve.  I mounted this centrally for the background, adding the glittered crown and key die cuts and a strip of ribbon also from this collection.  The lettering and numbers were cut from gold foil card using my Cricut Expression machine. 

Thought I would also include a picture of the fab cake my sister made too!



No comments:

Post a Comment